Position Title: Case Manager
Hours: Part time
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Programs
Bachelor's Degree (Masters preferred )in Social work or equivalent with at least two years experience in screening, mentoring and discipleship, 12 step programs, group dynamics and working directly with homeless individuals. An ability to function in cross-cultural settings and to be a role model, with openness to the vision of a Christian Mission and a compassionate heart for the urban poor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- It is the responsibility of case managers to help establish respect and acceptance. The Case Manager is responsible for understanding and consistently implementing program guidelines as a means of securing a clean, sober, safe, non-judgmental environment for program participants. The Case Manager is also responsible for providing support, limit setting, and conflict resolution, thereby securing and safeguarding therapeutic boundaries for program participants.
- Case Managers are to maintain positive, productive working relationships with Mission staff, volunteers, and others who may have contact with case management programs. Case Managers are expected to work efficiently with other team members in problem solving and implementing team decisions.
- Case Managers will properly screen, intake and admit clients to appropriate case management programs. Case Managers will also maintain and communicate necessary statistics and program information to the appropriate supervisor.
- Case Managers are to provide the following services to their clients:
- Identify and define individual medical, mental health, substance abuse, employment, legal and other needs a client may have.
- Provide referrals and support services to all clients as they participate in program activities.
- Coordinate and implement discharge planning.
- Document and record all aspects of case management services that have been provided, utilizing the SOAP format. The Case Manager is to see that all required forms and documents are properly completed.
- Case Managers facilitate, implement, and at times may be called upon to supervise aspects of group therapy. Case Managers are to demonstrate proficiency in all areas of group therapy (Community/business meetings, insight oriented therapy, and didactic group treatment).
- Case Managers are to be available to represent the Mission at special events. They are to interface with other human service agencies and institutions (schools, hospitals, detoxes, etc.). This is for the purpose of education and collaboration.
- Case Managers report to and are accountable to their respective directors and the Executive Vice President of Programming.
If you are qualified and interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Mike Way at email@example.com.